Friday, January 1, 2016

Jan 1 2016 Hello welcome to Arizona gold adventures a blog for any one interested in gold ,prospecting ,places to prospect ,what to bring and where to go and a little about mining history here in Arizona .I was from New England originally born and raised there of course there is some gold in New England all pretty much glacial deposited and limited to very fine. Unless your up in far northern new England Vermont Maine where you can find a picker or a small nugget.I did enjoy panning the crystal clear streams up there for hours at a time but seemed like I was mining more and  sunshine and fresh air than anything else and that was great but getting some gold be nice too so of course moved here to arizona. I started to read as much about the area and the gold fields here but really your going to learn truthfully
a lot more out there in the  gold fields the hard way. The gold here is not deposited by water here much even in the washes I have dug down and found gold on bedrock in a wash move a few feet and nothing its tricky and almost bet on taking a while to find it I had few trips with nothing to show when i first started out kept at it just kept plugging away and learning and found my spot after a few trips out.  Now I get a little out of that spot every time out now but had to pay my dues to find it that is ok with me got an education and that is the way its supposed to be.I prospect on weaver mining claim anybody can pay 75.00 there and prospect there its in congress az I will  get into that a little later.
Stanton az is out miles out on a dirt road its really out there lots of wildlife its secluded you can see for miles .Just a nice place right now this time a year is perfect its cool .Summer well thats another story 110 is regular thing here I started prospecting in july of course at 530 am, morning and jump in the jeep and get out of there by 9.00am when its already 95-100 degrees
just those two months of july -aug are quite dangerous after 9am.


    I had read before I came out here about many a eastern stream miner  had gone to rich hill or out here in Arizona for some desert prospecting.Well Im saying the same thing  its not the same here in the desert I read up on and learned as much as i could about Desert mining some have a rough time out here the heat the critters and the mining is to say oct -early june is best I go early pre dawn pack up and  head out by 9am in the summer just too dangerous the heat even if you where to break down with you car your in trouble out there on that road also once you step out of the vehicle up there just be alert there is plenty of rattlesnakes in the prickley pear not much to worry about if look where your going watch where your feet and hands are you certainly better stay awake out there ! next post coming soon
                               

A lot of  hard work for this hard earned clean out and a hell of  lot
of five gallon buckets of material  to get this and it took some time to find it with some slim pickings until I did


Directory Resource Atlas DirectorySaffo Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment